The transmission system in your luxury sportscar is an intricate blend of mechanics and technology. The transmission uses the energy produced by the engine and turns it into rotational energy to move your tires on the road. It sounds simple, but there are many moving parts that contribute to this process every time your engine is running. When you have a problem with your car’s transmission, it can bring your drive to an abrupt halt.
Some of the most common signs of transmission problems are:
- Transmission Fluid Leaks: Transmission fluid is usually reddish brown in color. If you notice this on the ground where your car was parked, you may have a transmission leak.
- Slipping Gears: When you accelerate, your gears should change smoothly with an automatic transmission or a manual clutch pedal and hold the gear selected. However, when the gear slips from a higher gear into a lower gear, this will feel like a jolt to the entire car. This is called gear slipping, and it indicates a problem with your transmission.
- Overheating: When your transmission overheats, it’s an indication that fluid has leaked out and is no longer lubricating the constantly-moving parts.
- Unusual Sounds: If transmission fluid is low or the lines are clogged, you may hear an unusual noise coming from your car. If this is accompanied by any of the above symptoms, you can be pretty sure it’s a transmission problem.
European Auto Specialists
We Created the Shop We Want for Our Car Repairs
- ASE Master Mechanics
- BMW Master Certified Mechanics
- RepairPal Certified
- Bimrs.org Member
- We are an approved Dinan Dealer/Installer
- We are an approved Bimmer-Tech Dealer/Installer
- We can do ESS and VF Supercharger kits wholesale
- We utilize BMW ISTA and ISA/P and subscribe to BMW services directly
- We guarantee our work with 24-months/24,000 miles parts and labor warranty
- Technet 36-month/36,000-mile warranty for Technet shops nationwide
Call or Visit Our Shop Today
Located in Castle Rock, Titan Auto Tech is proud to help European auto owners all throughout surrounding areas including:
If your car’s suspension is underperforming or experiencing issues, visit Titan Auto Tech today at 1375 Caprice Dr. Unit D, in Castle Rock, CO or give us a call to schedule an appointment at (720) 458-8077.